gas (un) fitter

treeve

Major Contributor
Please can anyone recommend a CORGI gas fitter; the flat into which I have moved has a gas cooker left behind by the previous occupier. I cannot use the kitchen until it is removed. Cooker is a Cascade 50 fairly new, disconnect and dipose please.

symons55

Staff member
Do you wan't the gas line removed? the cooker itself will be plugged into a removable connector and is easy to unplug.

treeve

Major Contributor
I had considered gas disconnect as well, but there is no HWT and no immersion heater therefore, so no hot water. So I will have to keep the gas central heating for the hot water only. Thing is as well I have to get rid of the gas cooker (first floor flat). I am very wary of gas, unlike electricity, it has a habit of filling the space around it.

treeve

Major Contributor
Thank you, I have now written to Flockhart's for a quote. This kitchen is a cross between insane and useless. The cooker is the least of the problems.

treeve

Major Contributor
It is going to take six months or more to get it to a habitable state. Central Heating for me is a waste of time, and the furniture has to be placed right up to the radiators to get it in the rooms anyway - designed by an idiot - so central heating is not an option, just hot water. The windows are double glazed (Pilkington units) it is very quiet here anyway. The kitchen is also designed by a moron, so I have to get extra cupboards, the fitted ones are clearly intended for someone that does not cook or eat, and the worktops are unusable as there is no space left to chop a carrot, but, I will get it right eventually. :)

treeve

Major Contributor
Thomas is fine thank you, his routine is kept intact, he knows where his bed is and food and water, settled in very well; he knows the furniture, and he also relies on my being there. There are things that need to be done to the balcony to make it usable, at present it is a dump. It will take time.

Top Bottom