Isles of Scilly senior councillors Pay rise!!

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
I know that we are all a little sceptic of actually how well this coalition will fair, and yes it is another party in power not voted in by the people.... But given the first cabinet outcome on MP's salary's, it gave a little hope to the nation. It was decided to drop, not increase wages for administrative MP's by 5%.
Now in complete contrast to this the Isles of Scilly Council decided to follow suite and wondered if they should adjust their wages. I understand that they decided to increase wages for senior councillors by up to 18%.

Is this the same council who so desperately wanted to lower operational cost for the port to port ferry transportation... or is this just another case of FAT CATS!!!

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
These are the same councillors that threatened me with a Magistrates Summons, because I was unable to pay their excess Rates charges for a few weeks. The same people who had refused to send me a proper invoice, as I had done last year, because they had other plans in mind. Well if they got their fat gluteus maximus out of their comfortable Mercedes and joined the real people of this world, they would realise there is more to life than their comfort zones and self fed pockets.

treeve

Major Contributor
Unsure as to your meaning?
Naive? Me?
'dont do as I do, Do as I say' ???
Please expain.

Last edited:
It was an authority used at the turn of the century.politicians at all levels laying down rules and regs,Save the world,catch the bus,walk, while we fly first class,you ride a bicycle,we will be driven in our mercs and jags,get it now.

treeve

Major Contributor
Point taken .. in all the forty years dealing with officers and councillors, it was never any different, especially when they were forced to actually work.

Top Bottom