Lewis's fish and chip shop opens Newlyn

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
I’m not a fish eater myself but I do know how to cook fish. Living here on the coast we are lucky enough to be able to buy fresh fish. So I was delighted to learn that Lewis’s were doing just that. Where they can, the fish is brought from local resources and as fresh as nature intended.
Today we were invited to try out anything from their extensive menu before the public opening on Friday 1st April.
View attachment 510
I had a battered sausage and chips whilst Sparky tried cod and chips. Our order was cooked fresh and whilst I was waiting I had a chance to look around and see the changes that have been made. The fish and chip shop is back in the original plan (or at least as I remember it). The shop is light and clean with a generous customer area. I was also pleased to see that both doors were back in use. Our meals arrived and we dived in.
The chips were a good size, crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. They tasted fantastic! I ordered a battered sausage because I wanted to see how much batter was on the sausage. I have been served battered sausages that are almost all batter. That can be a problem as the batter absorbs a fair amount of cooking oil during the cooking process. I needn’t have worried as the sausage had just the right amount of crispy batter.
View attachment 511
Tracey (also known as Sparky) also thoroughly enjoyed her chips. The cod was a good fair size and what was very noticeable was that the cod had been skinned properly. That meant that the cod was white all the way through. She said that the cod was moist and tasty. In fact she mentioned that she hadn’t realised how good cod could taste until today.
To conclude we were very happy with the quality of the new fish and chip shop in Newlyn and have no doubt that people of Newlyn will return to good old fashion fish and chips now that Lewis’s is in town.

Top Bottom