Olympic torch Heamoor!

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
****READ THIS FIRST THEN WATCH THE VIDEO****

This was sent to me tonight by a friend around the corner... and here's what he said in his email:
On the day the Olympic torch was due I met my young friend Jodie and we found a good spot by the roundabout. After a while, police motorcycles arrived to block the adjoining roads and several vehicles of the cavalcade went by: later we began hearing cheers and applause from the other side of the roundabout. Our excitement grew.There was a pause then more vehicles went by with people waving and it was then we noticed the crowd had started to leave. Puzzled, Jodie said,' Is that it?..Seriously...is that it? Did I get up at six o'clock this morning to see that...Where's the runner with the torch !' I said they must have stopped for photographs on the other side of the roundabout and then got on the coaches that had just gone past.'It's weird', I said,' but do you realise that the nearest thing to an Olympic torch that you have seen was me running past your house the other day with a rolled up newspaper... 'Right', she said,' YOU had better do it again !' So I rolled up my magazine and retreated a few yards. I was intending to stop just past Jodie but some people leaving the roundabout heard her laughing, turned around,and ( if you listen carefully), they cheered and applauded....so I felt obliged to keep going. Fortunately I was on the roundabout, if I had been on a straight bit of road I may have been unable to stop. At least young Jodie now has something to show her husband. It is Jodie's laugh that makes the video...she's the star. They put the short clip on Youtube and titled it ' Heamoor's very own Olympic flame Penzance', ... your listeners might like to hear the soundtrack.. I think the Olympic torch has brought a good feeling to Cornwall.

[video=youtube_share;8LTOOzR0NAw]http://youtu.be/8LTOOzR0NAw[/video]

Top Bottom