On the viaduct is a Bulldog class 4-4-0 with a straightframe over the drive wheels built 1900-1906; the station was demolished c1930. The 1867 Market House had a severe fire in 1935 and the upper storeys were demolished, and a new roof built - which explains the fact that the present bank is a single storey.
The photograph appears to be c1902. The station was used for a drill hall during WWI.