A YouTube video

I've added to YouTube a video of a section of a 1995 programme called Little River Journeys.

It features my grandfather Stan Thomas of Brookside Garage fame [or infamy if you prefer], who many of you will probably remember either from the motorbike days, or latterly the exquisitely appointed luxury buses we ran around the town. The stuff of legend.

Check it out here.

That's me driving the coach near the end, by the way. I was 19 at the time and for some reason dressed as Shrek.

Also - for the record - I wasn't lost! They told me they'd filmed enough, so we turned around, then they stitched me up. I've refused all subsequent TV offers in protest.

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
@ jimmers
Good video I've heard about this video but could never find it on You Tube. I guess that was you driving the coach...... No power steering then :D DMM

Here's a slightly less interesting one about political unrest in St Hilary. This is more personal interest than strictly Penzance business, but you never know who might have been searching for it for years.

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Well I looked at this and enjoyed the story.... Sometimes it starts with a wall and then goes on to be some other problem. Good on him! I was also fascinated by the old TSW style broadcast.... that was a blast from the past!!

Well done

bear

Great videos Jimmers. Really brought it back to me. My dad and your grandad had a real love hate relationship. The were always doing deals on something or other. When the deal was good they were the best of pals, but when it went wrong, it was a case of "light the blue touch paper and retire immediatly" fireworks would ensue.

Top Bottom