Epilepsy campaign

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Savannah Nicholls Mum (Lisa) Gary Williams, & Ross Heaver, need your support in raising awareness on Epilepsy, they are going to be running in London this October.

a personal letter from Lisa:-

In October this year, myself and friends are running the half marathon in London to raise money in aid of my daughter savannah (innocently suffering ) for epilepsy research.
Can you donate, or hold your own event to help our funds?
Maybe school non uniform days or local Pubs or clubs or even any, business's by holding events?
Could you do anything at all, your own ideas and have fun and raise cash for sufferers and know yourself you have made a difference?
Maybe you are or you know a sufferer and could even get rewarded with local coverage for your help in this matter?

We are also in today’s Cornishman asking for help, also there are videos of Savannah that viewers may find distressing on www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/savannah

we hope to spark a response with help and support to raise money to put with our marathon funds to help raise awareness, give more support, and most importantly, help to find a cure to end this cruel suffering.
Please if you can help in any way,

Epilepsy kills and suffers such as my daughter are completely at the mercy of this evil illness and with funds so low and awareness not loud enough, some must take a stand to be heard.

Whether you are a sufferer or know of one or have sadly lost someone at epilepsy’s mercy or are just a good giving kind of person, please please help my daughter and all children undeserving, and adults
Every little makes a lot.
Thank you , LISA xxx
::15:
If you require any sponser forms then please get in contact via PM to sparky or give Lisa a ring on 07974 859448 or go to her FACEBOOK GROUP at Epilpsey awareness and support, many thanks for your time in reading this,

and I personally like to wish Lisa, Gary & Ross for their dedication, determination & fundraising efforts well done to you all xxx::7:

treeve

Major Contributor
This is one of the oldest problems that man has had to face, in fact it is not a single illness, but is better viewed as a combination of factors more properly a syndrome. It is a Neurological disorder producing a violent attack of convulsions in its worst form. At all times it is vital to sympathise and to be there for the sufferer, for they very often are not aware that the event has taken place at all. Do not allow the sufferer to wander off alone unless sure the event has passed completely. It depends on what form this presents itself as to the treatment possible. No fixed treatment is possible as there are too many 'causes'. It is being better understood as time progresses.

Good Luck with Savannah.

Epilepsy is a horrible thing to live with and witness. I suffer with it (mainly caused by stress), my brother suffers (due to photosensitivity) and my dad also has it. Luckily mine is well managed with medication and the seizures are infrequent (averaging about 1 per year) allowing me to have a relatively normal life. Witnessing seizures is very distressing, especially when it is a close family member.

I had a seizure just outside Pendarves flats a few years ago, and no one came to help (although the chocolate doughnuts I had bought 5 mins before had disappeared). I can only assume passers by had assumed that it was a drug related seizure and so decided I didn't "deserve" help. Luckily, I didn't injure myself, and after a good sleep was back to normal (although I did miss the chocolate doughnuts!).

Hope all goes well with fundraising, the more people know about epilepsy, the less stigma will be attached to it.

tabtab13

I've seen first hand how terrible a seizure can be. Nancy and I were walking back past the Arcade on the Prom and a bloke outside just went down like a ton of bricks - we heard the crack as his head hit the ground. There was a fair amount of blood. We rushed up to help as did another couple but the fear in his eyes was awful. Luckily, the couple had a baby and so were carrying disposable nappies, so with that and towels from the Arcade, I applied pressure on the wound and an ambulance was called. Took ages to arrive as it had to come from Truro - which I think is not right. The crew checked him over and then he was whisked away. You really don't appreciate how fortunate you are until you see with your own eyes what some people have to endure.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
I have to say many thanks for all that have replied to this thread, and I myself was quite shocked at seeing the video clips that Lisa has kindly uploaded (This must have been sooo hard for you to do, I'm not sure that I could of done it, as it is upsetting::4:)

If anyone is interested in having any sponser forms, Gary has kindly offered to drop them into me on Monday 13th September, please contact me if anyone would like one.

Keep up the good work Lisa, Gary & Ross ::15:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
NEWS FLASH!!

Just heard that Lisa will be apprearing on "THIS MORNING" TV show tomorrow TUESDAY 28th SEPT at 10.30AM (not sure of the exact time that she will be interviewed) in the hope of raising awareness, hope you can tune in to watch,

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
[FONT=&quot]Just wanted to say a big WELL DONE !!! & Thank You to Lisa Nicholls, who appeared on This Morning TV show today, you are an inspiration to all, so proud of you, hope you raise much needed awareness on Epilepsy xxxx if you wish to see the interview it can be found here:- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://thismorning.itv.com/thismorning/health/epilepsy-exposed
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would also like to take this opportunity to thank members who have donated money so far, you know who you are, a BIG Thank you!! xxx
[/FONT]

::15:::15:::15:

Last edited by a moderator:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Just wanted to say GOODLUCK to Ross Heaver, Gary Williams & Lisa Nicholls, best wishes for the run on Sunday xxx::15:::15:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you to everyone who have showed so much support over the past weeks, by posting comments & giving donations, we have also started a facebook group & also have a website which will be dedicated to Savannah's appeal, for more information on whats happening & how you can help please visit behind savannahs eyes on Facebook & join the group.
or go to the website (there is only a holding page at the moment, more info will be added soon so please book mark the website) Behind Savannah's Eyes
::15:
A REALLY BIG THANKYOU TO YOU ALL xxxxxxxx

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Here is a date for your diaries people
SATURDAY
4th DECEMBER 2010
1.30pm - 4pm Savannah's Fantasy Ball held at
Sound-nightclub Penzance, this is a family event everyone is
welcome!! Entry £5 per ticket (per family) These will be on sale
soon, details of entertainment to follow, ...looking
forward to seeing everyone there, going to be awesome !!!! xxxxx

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 213 There are going to be two events held ,which will hopefully raise awareness for epilepsy, the events in question are detailed below:-

Savannah's Fantasy Ball
SATURDAY 4th DECEMBER 2010 1.30pm - 4pm
held at the Sound-nightclub Penzance, this is a family event everyone is
welcome!! Entry £5 per ticket (per family) These will be on sale
soon, details of entertainment to follow....

Behind Savannah's Eyes:-
Wednesday 8th December 9pm - 1am
an event held at the Sound night club in Penzance 16 years or over are welcome to attend.
Theme:- Purple Masked Ball

more details to follow .... I will add new information to this thread for both events as and when they are available to me, please bookmark these dates as these are going to be really special events, certainly not to be missed!

Top Bottom