• Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

  • Why not log in or join for free? Members don't see adverts on the site ;)
     

Heater warning after bedroom fire in Cornwall

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 326
Householders in Cornwall are being warned not to leave heaters on overnight after one set fire to a bed.
Two fire appliances from Launceston were called to the fire in a first-floor bedroom in a house in Altarnun, near Launceston, on Wednesday.
The fire service said it believed the fire started when an electric fan heater left on ignited the bed clothes.
The service said it recommended switching off and unplugging all appliances before going to bed.
It added that the only exceptions were appliances which were designed to be left on, such as freezers.
Article BBC
 

treeve

Major Contributor
I do not need to be told that nor anyone else - basic common sense, fundamental fact of life Nr 2003 .
 
Top