Norman Wisdon dies

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
View attachment 197

Today I learned that Norman Wisdon died at the age of 95.
Although I am too young to have seen Norman in his prime, I appreciated his comic genius from an early age. He had a unique talent, a mix of physical and spoken comic that is still unique today. As an actor he was one in a million and starred in many film.
Sadly Normans life became difficult after his stroke.

symons55

Staff member
What a fantastic comic, one of the all time greats, I grew up watching him, one of the original good clean comics, no need to swear or curse or blaspheme, could raise a laugh just from a motion or gesture. Modern day has a lot to learn from people like him. R.I.P.

46traveller

Well "Mr Grimshaw" a talent that should never be forgotten, along with Tommy Cooper, they have both had me crying with laughter many times. I miss this humour, although grown up, slapstick, and silliness still rate high in my laugh factor, and we could all do with more laughter. RIP Norman, and straighten your cap up.

CHILLYWILLY

Another great who sadly will never be replaced. I hope we have a decent memorial of some of his films as a mark of respect for his talent. It would brighten up the deepest of deep moods.

Top Bottom