Votes: 0 0.0%
  • looking skywards by ratster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Please vote on the entries that you wish win. You may vote once for your own entry and then once more for any other entries.
Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

oldpenwithian

Hi

On the Home page at Picture Penzance, under the photo. which won the Christmas competition, there is the following:
"This months competition is "Monochrome"
Anyone can enter the contest. You can upload a maximum of three pictures and a winner will be elected at the end of the month. A bottle of plonk is up for grabs."
I assumed that "this month" meant February so uploaded an image, thinking I'd entered the competition. However, my picture has not appeared in the list of "Monochrome" entries and when I went to the poll I found the message "This poll is closed". Am I missing something here?

oldpenwithian

BayOfPlenty

Alas, what you've missed is the boat, OP! 'Monochrome' was the competition for January, although for some reason the month is no longer included in the competition title - someone's arm needs to be twisted, I'd say! duh

oldpenwithian

So - if this was the January competition - who won? Shouldn't that decision have been made at the end of January and the winning image put up on the Home page? This might have avoided the confusion.
The month does need to be identified when a new competition is announced - are you going to twist the necessary arm?!

oldpenwithian

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
well not quite sure how you managed to upload, maybe HH forgot to close or to prevent the pics being uploaded to the monochrome comp, still, the comp always ends near the very end of the month then every member (wether you have entered or not) has a chance to vote which lasts for one week, then the winner is obviuosly clearly displayed on the voting poll, then as we hold our meetings once a month, (first tuesday of the month, tonight in fact) the new name of the comp for the following month (in this case february) is normally decided at our meeting then on wednesday ALL the mystery game, and such like as the leaderboard/hall of fame is added up and re done with the new amount of points, and the new comp is renamed/or rather a new one is added and we go again, and the home page is updated with the winners name and the pic that won the comp, hope this clears any confusion /misunderstanding up xx

oldpenwithian

Aaah so glasshopper! All is clear now. But you will be identifying the month in future competition announcements won't you? It would help your more 'senior' members -like me!!

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
thats good, um yeah as I said it is normally done on the wednesday (day after meeting) if everyone has agreed or if not (which sometimes is the case then HH will come up with something) then it is named and opened later sometime on wednesday, (depends on hh workload) but normally everything is done by late afternoon/early evening, and its announced on the shoutbox and on our facebook page, be good to see you enter this months comp xx

Top Bottom