This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!

CLICK HERE

Time traveller caught in 1920s film

Discussion in 'News' started by Halfhidden, Oct 29, 2010.

?

Is Time travel possible?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2010.
  1. Yes I think time travel is possible

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No time travel isn't possible

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. I don't know

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. tabtab13

tabtab13 Active Member

I'm thinking it's more of a communicator - something that could be concealed and used when needed. If she was walking the streets with one of those daft ear piece things wedged in her ear, it would draw attention to her, and presumably our time traveller wouldn't want too much attention ....

2. Halfhidden

Halfhidden Untouchable Staff Member Administrator

@ BoP
    Well yes. I would imagine a huge amount of finance and resources would have been available to a government run project like time travel. It would be the ultimate military weapon.
    As for my dress code... I only do that at weekends or at swinger parties ::11:

@ tabtab13 To a point I agree yet then again nobody would know what a mobile phone was in the 1920's so I'm not sure how important it would be to disguise it to that extent.

3. denanmor

denanmor Member

Quite a freaky piece of film! tpp's suggestion is plausible, but somehow it doesn't seem right. However, the main drawback in the talking on a mobile phone scenario, apart from the whole time travel aspect, is that the woman would have to be talking to someone! Who? And there would have to be a phone mast, satellite system, etc. for the phone to be able to make calls!
    Don't quantum physicists say time travel is possible, but only forwards?

4. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

All the trappings and sensational attitudes follow our present thinking ... to ignore the implanted question made by Mr Clarke .. the question SHOULD be what do you see? I see someone getting ready for a performance... an actor practising his/her lines. It is this present society that is constrained by the thoughts of using a mobile phone. A point made in Zen is . wherever you go .. there you are. This is why all the TV programs that purport to take one back fail. We now live in a time in which we can leave ... the people then were raised with vastly different lives and standards. As to whether or not time travel is possible .. it has happened.. the REAL question is should we, I am not at all sure that such a technique made available would be used beneficially.