They still exist.
The Cliffs of Penzance, 1836
The cliffs still exist,
packed behind concrete and brick walls,
one of which is dated as constructed by Penzance Gas Co Ltd 1933.
All the land now in front of these cliffs is made-up ground,
and Wharf Road and the buildings are built on that land.
The first Railway Station was built to the east (in the foreground) of the dark cliff on the right;
behind the two houses in front of the trees, ran Neddy Betty's Lane (now Albert Street),
which finished in a slip into the bay, where vessels beached.
The cliff ends in the picture at the bottom of Jennings Street,
some of that section of cliff appears to have been cut away since.
In the distance is the shipbuilding yard, where ships were launched into the basin.
To the far left was the old lighthouse, a free-standing structure,
which was set on the rocky foreshore off the return end of the pier.