I fancy listening to a bit o' metal

treeve

Major Contributor
Hawkwind? I have the whole collection, but I am looking for a CD of 'It is the Business of the Future to be Dangerous' to replace the tape version that I have.

Ahem!! ::8:

Get yer arses over to The Copperhouse in Hayle on 31st August and sample some home grown musos rockin' out with classic rock from Led Zep right up to the Foo's and much more in between.

A sample can be found at www.myspace.com/hvhighvoltage We cover many bands from 4 decades including, Quo, Lizzy, Floyd, Primal Scream, U2, ZZ Top, Stereophonics, Feeder, Green Day to name a few.

It would be good to see the place packed again and anyone who saw us at Lafrowda will have a good idea of what to expect. ::13:

ps You know me,never one to miss a plug opportunity!!!!! ::15:
Evo

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Evo,
Pokerboy I know sends his regards...and also humble apoligies...as he couldn't make it to your gig I believe it was the 4th July ( I maybe wrong) but he was promoted at work..and as always (a new promotion change of hours)
sadly he couldn't make it...

This is where you SHOULD be plugging your next gig....!!
always love to hear where LOCAL bands etc are playing...its up to the members if they attend or not...
I know this website may not be known to all...but it is growing very fast....and word of mouth is by no means the best advertising around.
so good luck and I for one hope you have a good turn out!... ::15: ::15:

treeve

Major Contributor
Humble Apologies but Floyd and Led Zep are the only two that appeal from the list of your repertoire,
but good to hear a plug for local talent, I wish you well. ::15:

Hey to quote you Treeve, each to their own, we do however find that once we start the show people tend to stick around and enjoy the whole thing really, you should give it a go, you may like it, ha, ha.

@ Sparky,
No problem and thanks for the reply, no need for the apologies either, if everyone came to a gig that said they would we would have a full house each time. We just want as many people to enjoy what we do as possible.

Evo

symons55

Staff member
Hi Evo, better to do it to a full house tho innit, used to hate the quiet ones, used them as practice. ::15: ::15: ::11:

sparky said:
Hi Evo,
Pokerboy I know sends his regards...and also humble apoligies...as he couldn't make it to your gig I believe it was the 4th July ( I maybe wrong) but he was promoted at work..and as always (a new promotion change of hours)
sadly he couldn't make it...

This is where you SHOULD be plugging your next gig....!!
always love to hear where LOCAL bands etc are playing...its up to the members if they attend or not...
I know this website may not be known to all...but it is growing very fast....and word of mouth is by no means the best advertising around.
so good luck and I for one hope you have a good turn out!... ::15: ::15:

Cheers mate, to take you literally here's our gig guide for the rest of the year, hope to see some of you at at least one of them,

13 Sep 2009 Martin Jennings Motorcycle Run
19 Sep 2009 Private Function
25 Sep 2009 The Pheonix, Watergate Bay
2 Oct 2009 End Of The Road Rally, The Lizard, Nr Helston
16 Oct 2009 Godolphin Arms, Marazion
24 Oct 2009 First and Last, Sennen
30 Oct 2009 The Copperhouse, Hayle
7 Nov 2009 The Tywarnhayle, Perranporth
21 Nov 2009 The Victory Inn, Mount Hawke
28 Nov 2009 Driftwood Spars, St Agnes
5 Dec 2009 The Copperhouse, Hayle
11 Dec 2009 Godolphin Arms, Marazion
18 Dec 2009 The Corn Exchange, Camborne
26 Dec 2009 First and Last, Sennen
29 May 2010 Ride to The Sun Rally, The Victory Inn

COME ON, you know you wanna!!!!!

treeve

Major Contributor
Here IS a blast from the past. Just found the re-issue of Sounds Incorporated first album (1964). POW!! Unique band, although there were a few others at that time with similar aspirations they were 'one-hit-wonders'. If you have never heard them your audio cognisance receptors are truly missing something badly. Punching, rhythms, powerful sounds, exploring classical, jazz, rock, cool. To be honest, I wondered if it would be a glossy memory, but they are as fresh and full of life as ever. Blows your sawks awff, matey.

tabtab13

Was listening to a bit of Judas Priest last night. 'Beyond the Realms of Death' (live version obviously) is a classic song. It's this type of song I like in particular - slow start, builds in the middle and then completely rocks out at the end - yeah!

'Freebird' is another, and of course, 'Comfortably Numb' (live, not studio) is unbeatable, as another two examples.

Anyone got any suggestions that follow this theme they'd like to recommend? Proper rock or metal - no cheesy mock rock ballads please!

treeve

Major Contributor
This is going to be an 'endless list'.
OK here is one to give anyone a Lift.
Aerosmith ... Love in an Elevator.
Janie's got a Gun
and
Walk this Way [with Run DMC]

The stunning Liv Tyler is fathered by the Steven,
Now that is the best thing to come out of that Tea Party.

treeve

Major Contributor
How much Metal do you want? :D
Gong ... the album You, contains one of the most inspired pieces of music ever. A Sprinkling of Clouds
also
Mike Oldfield with Tubular Bells

Then there is The Laughing Policeman; Well he is a copper :D

tabtab13

Tubular Bells - good album, but not heavy enough for what I'm after.

I'll also throw in Iron Maiden's 'The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner' as another example.

treeve

Major Contributor
I know ... but a play on 'metal'? :D

Anyway ... you quote Comfortably Numb .... :D

You want heavy? Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are a bunch of Nuns.

tabtab13

I beg to differ, Sir!

I'll admit not all of Maiden's and Priest's output is good, but I defy anyone not to whip out their air guitar on hearing 'Beyond the Realms of Death at volume!

treeve

Major Contributor
Let's get Heavy.

Have you tried Gotthard ... Dial Hard opens with the amazing Higher followed by Mountain Mama ... it gets more frenetic ...
Here Comes the Heat ....

if only I could play like Leo Leoni.

tabtab13

Ah .... Gong/Tubular Bells/Copper - all metal. Brain must have been in neutral last night as I didn't pick up on it!

Not heard of Gotthard - is their album 'Dial Hard' about Bruce Willis? ::11:

Last edited by a moderator:

treeve

Major Contributor
If you want to break away from those
lightweights, try Sweet Noise.
Voice and instruments stretched to the ultimate.
A wall of sound.
Love and Hate wrapped in barbed wire.
Total emotion.
Pounding driving rhythm.
Screams from the soul.
End of The Century
Ghetto
Revolta ....
but first I suggest ....
The Triptic, not only clears out cobwebs,
it removes plaster and leaves spiders in blissful stupour.

http://www.sweetnoise.org/main.php

Heavy Metal, really heavy, hard rock - put your head in a meat grinder stuff .... YaaaH !!!!! You won't find any singalongaheadbanger there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom