Mc Donald and my health!

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Take a look at this video! It apparently shows a four year old Mc Donalds burger, bun and fries in what would appear to be a healthy state. By now they should have started to decompose... but not for the Mc Donalds food:
[video=youtube;4IGtDPG4UfI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI[/video]

Now what you don't know is that for 35 years I was in perfect health. I could count on one hand how often I saw the GP.
Because times were hard Sparky and I decided to get hourly work and both applied for jobs at Mc Donalds. After a few days Sparky gave it up but I slogged on for 6 months and when I say it nearly killed me.... I mean that quite literally!
Mc Donalds has a policy that you must eat their food and drink their drink whilst you are on a break. You are forbidden from leaving the premises and are also forbidden to bring in your own food.
I never really shined to the food to be honest. Anyway not long after I started to work at the Penzance branch I clearly became an asset. I was added to a lot of shifts and was offered overtime.
I'll go into more details in another thread but after a few weeks I started to get ill. I put it down to the food!
Suddenly my blood pressure was dangerously high, I was sweating so much that I had to change my clothes at least 5 times a day. I found it hard to walk much more than a few feet without having to sit down. My lungs wouldn't fill with air properly and I found myself collapsing very often.
After a few weeks in hospital I was shipped around the country to be tested and prodded by a lot of consultants. CAT scans, Xrays, blood test.. you name it... but knowbody knew what had happened to me.
Its been 10 years since I worked there and I still have a lot of the problems that I first experienced there...... I cant actually say that the food was to blame as I have no evidence of that... But, when you see videos like the one above it begs the question!

tabtab13

Pretty shocking stuff - both the burger and what happened to you, HH. And what's with the forbidden from leaving the premises while on a break or bringing your own food?! I use to eat them when I was younger but it got to the point where I started to feel queasy and sluggish for a few hours afterwards, so I stopped buying them and haven't had one since. What I find strange is that McDonalds have come under attack quite a few times over the years, but somehow they manage to shake it off, bounce back and are still in most high streets up and down the country. They seem to be almost untouchable - bit like the 4 year old burger ....

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Well tabtab13 I quietly could put a lot of disabilities down to this kind of food. A lot of people say that they are both energy-less whilst being hyped after eating this stuff. Despite labelling regulations... most corporates put whatever they like in the food chain and very little is done about it.
Mc Donalds claims that their burgers are pure meat.... but even when I worked there I was dubious as to the real content.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
this is a test reply to see if TT13 is recieving emails I will delete when answered.Thank you

treeve

Major Contributor
Trouble is that on top of a few other things, our consciousness is aware of the bad press given and it all affects our responses. Plain fact is that most fast foods are just that. I would rather have a home made or a Burger King . but .. much better to have a varied and properly prepared food. I have had a Mac in London, and Camborne much the same cardboard is used. A diet of the same stuff - a daunting prospect. No one dictates to me what I eat I will add - The first Wimpy was good, but soon fell to the same cardboard and chips and bread roll, washed down with something purporting to be coffee.

Last edited:

tabtab13

Thanks sparky, but no, I didn't get an email saying you had commented in this thread. Have also sent you a PM. ::1:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
hi TT13, got your pm and sent a reply back if you can read when you have time then refer back to HH as he has troubleshooting things he like to do, just let him know when you are ready Thanks!!

Top Bottom