Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No time travel isn't possible

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tabtab13

I'm thinking it's more of a communicator - something that could be concealed and used when needed. If she was walking the streets with one of those daft ear piece things wedged in her ear, it would draw attention to her, and presumably our time traveller wouldn't want too much attention ....

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
@ BoP
So are you suggesting that the development of time-travel predates that of hands-free telephony?
Well yes. I would imagine a huge amount of finance and resources would have been available to a government run project like time travel. It would be the ultimate military weapon.
As for my dress code... I only do that at weekends or at swinger parties ::11:

@ tabtab13 To a point I agree yet then again nobody would know what a mobile phone was in the 1920's so I'm not sure how important it would be to disguise it to that extent.

denanmor

Quite a freaky piece of film! tpp's suggestion is plausible, but somehow it doesn't seem right. However, the main drawback in the talking on a mobile phone scenario, apart from the whole time travel aspect, is that the woman would have to be talking to someone! Who? And there would have to be a phone mast, satellite system, etc. for the phone to be able to make calls!
Don't quantum physicists say time travel is possible, but only forwards?

treeve

Major Contributor
All the trappings and sensational attitudes follow our present thinking ... to ignore the implanted question made by Mr Clarke .. the question SHOULD be what do you see? I see someone getting ready for a performance... an actor practising his/her lines. It is this present society that is constrained by the thoughts of using a mobile phone. A point made in Zen is . wherever you go .. there you are. This is why all the TV programs that purport to take one back fail. We now live in a time in which we can leave ... the people then were raised with vastly different lives and standards. As to whether or not time travel is possible .. it has happened.. the REAL question is should we, I am not at all sure that such a technique made available would be used beneficially.

Top Bottom