Lescudjack School

My Memories

I was there from 1967 to 1972. Jack Firth was head, Bill Cock, deputy, JR Owens,English, Jan Turner Maths, Bert Royall, Science, Peter Marks, Geography.
Pupils I remember from all years, Joe Crowe, Ralph Jennings, Charlie Roff, Sally Wing, Dawn Fletcher, Gary Cluroe, Richard Fox, Ian Cobb, Simon Bromage, Jenny Burroughs, Sally Smart, Julia Rescorla, Tony Smart, Ernie Triggs, Peter Trudgeon, Peter Lawrence.
I left soon after CSE exams and then went to Camborne Tech, which is another story.
Exiled now, and no plans to come back, please don`t be sad!!!!!

Hi Malcolm, just found you on here - I am in Australia moved here when I was 19 and I remember you from school days. Glyn Carne

southwestdj

dick firth was head, bill cocks deputy,dickie elwood georgraphy, sammy carne woodwork, mr mcanzie art,dick jury music,pottery teacher was from cambourne big fat guy

I was at Lescudjack 1960 to 1964, in your teaching list you ommited Mr J Thomas (Johnny) who taught sports Rugby in particular as at the time he was playing for PZ & Newlyn Pirates. I was also on the Holland trip, German trip and also remember a trip on the Paddle Steamer 'Bristol Queen' to the Isles of Scilly. Does anyone remember the method Mr Elwood used to start his Rover car, he used a half crown, (showing my age now) to short out two contacts which used to be part of his ignition switch. I also remember on the trip to Holland we went to KUKENHOF where you could see tulips as far as the eye could see, whilst there Mr Cock was filming with the school 35mm camera when the lens fell of into the lake, he then retrieved this having to roll his sleeves up and fishing around in the murky water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom